Sunday 3 March 2013

My Final Gig Poster!

 After some thought, I cracked on with the next design for Tim's gig poster. Here is what I conjured up:


 Much better. I've applied myself a lot more in this design. For the background I scanned a sheet of lined paper and increased the contrast. The type at the top was hand rendered by myself and I have placed it alongside the original event 'P' logo. The 'P' is presented as the first letter. I also applied colour using the brush tool from Photoshop. I put the opacity at 50% which gives the strokes a highlighter pen appearance. The rest of the type I used from Photoshop and I prefer it much more to the previous one. My sense of hierarchy has improved also due to the decision in what should be in bold and what shouldn't be.

 What improves it most of all of course are the doodle drawings. I began doodling in one of my A3 sketchbooks small, random characters that I thought would make the poster more amusing. I began drawing a series that seemed to display limbs that were out of proportion and lines that didn't always connect. They felt more fun to draw, so I chose a few from them. Some of them appear more sinister than others, so I selected a friendly-looking bunch to be on the poster. All the doodles can be seen below:


 Aw.

No comments:

Post a Comment