Wednesday 20 March 2013

Pear Mill Revealed!

 I have made my illustration of Pear Mill. I cleaned it up a little in Photoshop and increased the contrast to enhance the colours of the paint:



 Looking back on the previous designs, I decided to redraw my strongest one and add extra detail. It's essentially the same shape and perspective as that one, and the colours too are similar. Again, they were painted in watercolours and they helped let the ink run unpredictably. Also the windows have received a touch up with the extra lines going through them, which represent the panes. The most important aspect obviously is that it illustrates Pear Mill. It acquires a Quentin Blake style where the paint is running over the lines and the lines are hastily drawn. This gives it character and it displays a great example of how effective hand-rendered work can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment