Monday 18 March 2013

Drawings of Pear Mill

 After visiting Pear Mill, I now began drawing the building into my sketchbook. The best development work I'd made so far had come from my sketchbooks, like in the Penguin book cover project, so I just started being playful with the use of media and what style I'd prefer it. Here they are:






 The lines I've drawn were made with the pen and ink technique. It seems this has become my favourite use of line. I enjoy how unpredictable it is, such as when it runs a little or flicks ink to the other side of the page. It works effectively with watercolours too because the water encourages the flow of the ink to spread. The second-to-last image is different to the rest because I applied brusho dye for the first time. I was unsure as how to use it, but I guess I learn from experience. It was more difficult to use than I'd previously thought because the grains sometimes don't run and you have to be careful of putting too much water on the surface, otherwise it'll run off the page! I enjoyed all these styles of drawing and I believe the last one to be the strongest, simply because slightly more detail has gone into it, i.e. the different shades appearing on each side of the building and the line textures. My final outcome will probably end up being similar to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment