Sunday 17 March 2013

The Stage is Set

 After almost a week's dedication to this image, I have finally completed it. It seemed simple to start with, but the layers from the original image were all locked together so I had to manoeuvre around them which took quite some time. There were so many layers by the end of it! Anyway, it is done and all I have to do now is put it into After Effects. Here it is:

Richard

 For the jars, I duplicated them adjusting their size depending how far down they were. I even added different types of reflection on each jar simply using the brush tool. For the shelf lines I extended them keeping in mind with the point-of-perspective, so they'd become narrower as they verge to the right-hand side of the image. For the sweets in the jars I again duplicated them and scattered them as randomly as possible. I adjusted their colours too to add variation in the types of sweets available.
 What also is required for the animation are the liquorice sticks. For this I photographed a small bunch of them and applied the same method of contrast levelling as I did with the other sweets. Here they are within the shop replacing Richard's figure:

Liquorice

 I find this a fun concept, but at the same time feel sad due to its context. Joyce's loss of memory is the crucial factor behind this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment