Sunday 24 February 2013

Designing a Gig Poster!

 I bumped into a friend recently whilst walking the streets of Manchester. We hadn't seen each other in a while so we had a chat. His name's Tim and he organises gigs around the city. He came to the subject of asking me to design a poster for one of his events, which I happily decided to undertake.

 My task was to design a poster for a night called Paper Night Collective which will be hosting five unsigned indie bands. He emailed me the information that was required which included: the two headlining band's names own original type and his own original event logo.

 I conjured up a quick design the day after we spoke which involved taking a photograph of an out of date newspaper. This related to the 'paper' theme within the title of the event. I uploaded it into Photoshop and incorporated the logo and the type. Here is the outcome:


 It's a nice design I find, but it seems impersonal to the way I usually work due to there not being any illustration involved. The type at the bottom could be stronger I feel. I plan on incorporating my own type and imagery into the next design. Regardless, Tim appreciated it and uploaded it onto the event's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment