Friday 8 February 2013

Book Cover Templates and Designs

 We were given the templates to work on to encourage our understanding of what the book cover needed. Obviously cover consists of a front, back and spine. My initial thought was to keep a recurring theme throughout the whole cover. Here's what I ended up with:






 I stuck closely with the photocopying idea of blending things together. I played with pretty much every symbol and image within the story including: the chessboard, cigarette smoke, guns, shadows, American culture, the knight, the rain and most importantly, the female form.
 In all honesty, at this point I felt very lost and disorientated due to the prolific amount of work I've conjured. I believe I've responded very well to the brief so far, but I just hope that I can fully deliver my skills into the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment