Thursday 7 February 2013

Experimenting with Type

 The stages of development are now gradually turning into what could be the final outcome. What is also necessary for the book cover is the typography. Having experienced basic graphic design in my first year, I understand some of the capabilities that typography can possess. Type can just be as part of the illustration as the image can be; even more potentially. I began a new sketchbook a started applying typography within imagery:








 In all honesty, I felt worn out after those previous sketchbook developments. I think the types I've explored here are good, but I believe the type needs a bolder edge.
 So I decided to go to buy some letraset. I have used this method before (also in graphics) when I collaborated with another student to design a poster advertising the tragic play, Miss Julie. I bought it in standard Helvetica font and scratched an alphabet into my sketchbook. It's an element that worked well previously and I believe holds a place on the book cover. Its fragmented style symbolizes the broken society in which the protagonist must put back together; to justify.


No comments:

Post a Comment