Friday 8 February 2013

Life Drawings

 As I have been drawing lots of women for this project, I realised I should probably make a few life drawings. Since my work consists a lot in expressionism as opposed to fine detail, I found this session difficult. I underwent life drawing classes back in my Foundation year and so carried out the same techniques I learnt from that, such as: drawing with my eyes closed, drawing with my left hand and using various types of media.
 It was a private session with a girl I know who I shall keep anonymous (but I don't think she'd mind anyway)! Here are my attempts:




A bit too much nose...



 From doing this session, I realised that my main interest was in her back. There is a particular drawing that I made for one of the book cover ideas and it displays a bed with a woman sat on the edge of it with her back to the viewer. I've carried it on into two of the images above. I believe the back is a good example of what differentiates a man's body to a woman's. The body type of an average weight female is almost vase-like. It defines what is conventionally perceived as beautiful and feminine. This is what I wish to capture in my drawings, with the context alongside of her face peaking over the shoulder with a coy expression (potentially).

No comments:

Post a Comment