Tuesday 15 April 2014

Photocopying and Editing

 After some initial development in two sketchbooks, I started to overlay the images onto backgrounds I had made with mount board. I used a photocopier to accomplish this outcome and it certainly demonstrated the act of chance:

















 These ones were picked for being the strongest and I edited them slightly with the use of Photoshop. Some I kept the colour, some I didn't. Some I duplicated parts, some I didn't. This playful technique has developed well and I believe that I have become more accomplished with it. It's clear the ones that are most effective in this bunch acquire both a bold graphic look, with a fine art quality composed alongside: such as the scratchy lines and crease textures.

 I believe these images have come out well in a sense that this project is looking more hopeful in finding a direction and a context to work towards. I'm still unsure as to what it could be, but perhaps something along the lines as an anniversary for Huxley's work. I want the visual responses to be central, but perhaps something digital and even physical could be added to what needs to be shown. Gifs are something I'm hoping in trying out and the physical aspect could be a 3D piece of a figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment