Tuesday 29 April 2014

My GIFs are Moving!

 After making some research into illustrated GIFs, I then decided to create my own; keeping within the ongoing themes of the project. I based them upon what work I had already produced to maintain a familiar series of imagery.

Here they are:













 I wanted to see what method came out most successful, so I worked using photography, line drawings, and Photoshop tools. The first one utilises the element of photography, with a series of shots taken of a piece of paper being scrunched up. I deliberately left in the surrounding graph lines from the stand I was using because I wanted the process to be as much a part of the image as the rest of the elements. I imported the shots into AfterEffects and reversed the animation, to enable the theme further.

 The second and third GIFs seen above are images previously made to be still images. I increased the hue of the colours, saving a new file each time. This enabled a gradual change in colours within the GIFs, creating an almost hallucinogenic sensation. This encourages the project themes further, in terms of psychology and individualism.

 The last few were made using my traditional method of animation, which is the combination of a series of simple line drawings. I used my nib and ink again for this and based the drawings upon previous pieces. Each is figurative and displays themes of originality and consumption - both psychological and physical. The raw haste within each as well encourages these themes, displaying a sense of maddening frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment