Friday 18 April 2014

GIFs

 'Graphics Interchange Format', or better known as 'GIFs', are an internet phenomena. They're image files that can be animated and are really easy to make (apparently). As I've never made one, I thought it appropriate to research a few to see what you can get from them. Some are really simple and others look more complex, almost like a video. They're everywhere and they bring potentially still images to life.

Here are a few examples:

Saskia Keultjes
Laurene Boglio
Miranda Pfeiffer

 As you can see there is certainly difference in style and quality, like with everything. The one at the top appeals to me more however, just because of its humour factor and that it's straight to the point. The last one is also very good but in a different way in that more drawings have gone into it. This is what I'm thinking about concerning my own version and take on them. I'm probably most likely going to work the way the top one plays out because of it's rawness, humour, and simple nature. It reflects my own work the most because of these familiarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment