Saturday 12 January 2013

The Final, Final Outcome!

 After my assessment, the tutors made their criticisms about my final piece. They advised I should edit two elements of the image: the figure and the jars. Here it is below:


 I wanted to make the jars appear a lot more structured and taller, so I traced a photograph of a sweet jar that I had previously used as reference and put it into Photoshop. For the reflections on the glass I rotated the scan and used the edges from the opposite side. I erased parts of the lines out slightly giving each jar variation and made them white. I applied the same technique for the underneath perspective view of the lid, except I kept the lines black. For the red colour of the lid I simply used the bucket tool and made the underneath part a shaded tone version. I added thin, vertical, black lines onto the lids for an authentic texture.
 The figure I drew out by hand, as I did with the jar, and I based his stance from the 1950's youth subculture of 'greasers'/rockers. My previous figures remained generic, so I wanted something with more character and attitude; something with a very noticeable presence. A greaser seemed perfect, since they came about the era of Joyce's youth. I put the figure into Photoshop also and increased the levels to make him a silhouette.
 For the rest of the elements of the image, I used the previous techniques because I was already happy with them. I increased the contrast of the photographed sweets and made use of the perspective from the jars by putting an underneath surface to the shelves. I increased the levels to each wood surface giving the image more depth and tonal variation. The image is also a lot more cropped compared to the last one because I wanted the figure of Richard to stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment