Wednesday 9 January 2013

Joyce's Sweet Shop Unveiled!

 I now knew where I was heading. I redrew the jar shape using marker pen to heighten the boldness of the basic shape. I even redrew the shadowy figure of Joyce's husband, this time possessing a 60s/70s haircut which would have probably been the time she met him.

 I scanned the images into Photoshop and increased the contrast and line thickness to emphasise the shapes. For the sweets, I took a photograph of one of each to create a good mixed variety for the outcome. I inserted them into Photoshop also and increased their edge thickness to go alongside the jars. I rotated and flipped each of the duplicated sweet photos to represent how piled up they are within the jars.
 I made three shelves visible within the image with sweet jars all stacked alongside one another and placed each of the sweets around from the centre. The centre displays Richard's figure and shadow, which is deliberate because he wouldn't be as obvious. I placed him along the edge of the jar to emphasise his visible yet small presence, in turn representing Joyce's only memory of him: a figure in the background.

 Here is my first draft of the final outcome:


 It proves more effective than just the single jar! However, the wood texture I used doesn't seem very evident. Also the jars could do with some sort of reflection to make them appear more like glass.

 Here's my final outcome:


 Much better. The wood texture is a lot more defined and I simply used the paint tool in Photoshop to put in those small reflections on the sides of the jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment