Monday 15 October 2012

The T'ao T'ieh 3D Model




 I have now completed my 3D model creature. I decided to paint it with acrylics to give it a design rather than having it just as plain wood. I referenced another design that I'd researched previously, which was the image of the two black, Chinese dog ornaments.

 I painted it mostly black and applied small amounts of red and yellow (trademark Chinese colours). I painted it's teeth and claws white to enhance it's monstrous appearance and I painted two huge, round, circular, white eyes with small black pupils drawn with marker pen within each centre. The eyes especially make the creature look somewhat tormented and psychotic.

 Like I've said before, 3D's not my area of choice, but I believe this piece was a successful one: probably my best 3D creation so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment