Tuesday 16 October 2012

Musical Influence



 For my animation, I wanted to add something that would make the process ever more nostalgic. As a child I watched Cartoon Network for hours upon end and I was intrigued by everything it threw at me: the visuals, the camera angles. the humour, the sounds... This cartoon in particular had an instrumental intro which has remained in my head since it aired in the early 90s. I now happen to play both guitar and bass (mainly bass) in my spare time, so it seemed very much appropriate to apply these skills into my own animation.

 With the aid of my dad and his recording equipment, we created a short score together which would play in the intro and finale for the animation. I wanted it to be short and snappy, so we kept it a 30 seconds maximum. I played both the distorted guitar and the high treble bass and we chose a drum beat from a drum machine. We also scored a bluesy bass line which would play in the first scene involving the creature acting 'cool'.

No comments:

Post a Comment