Tuesday 9 October 2012

My Sequence



 Now that I have developed the character's appearance, I can now develop a narrative for the animation. Doing this I created my own sequence. The two images above are parts of the sequence.

 My style for this is cartoon-like and I have taken influence from various techniques used from the likes of Ren & Stimpy and other cartoons from that era onwards. I've kept it simplistic in the most kinetic parts of the sequence and have put most detail into the facial close-ups. The images above are just parts of a storyboard, not the actual animation.
 I plan not to use colour because I want to stay authentic of how I used to practise drawing when I was a child. Perhaps if it comes to creating another animation in a further project, I'll consider using some colour; but for now it's going to remain monochrome.

 The narrative will host for two characters: the two-bodied dog (the T'ao T'ieh) and the Cheshire Cat. It's a classic cat vs dog scenario: seeing the obvious victim (being the cat) outwit the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment