Monday 24 September 2012

David Hughes and 3D Models

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/Sy_TP8JPp0I/AAAAAAAANBc/ZoU7-FWGpSI/s320/clink-klank-robot-papercraft.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/SrZXKq0CtPI/AAAAAAAAL3k/zEd_ix4qPwY/s320/flight-conchords-papercraft.jpg
 The project requires at least one 3D model of our chosen creature. When it comes to 3D, it's not a strong point of mine, so I've decided to choose a flat pack layout technique. I've come across this many times before and the logic behind it is fairly straight forward in my eyes.

 The images above depict various models made from card and paper. The two bottom ones represent more what I'm describing. They've encouraged me to start creating one myself, or even a few (depending how long they take to manufacture).
 The two top ones are slightly different. They were created by another influence of mine, David Hughes. They're made up of a variation of different coloured and textured cards. They stand up with the use of the small slots. I've started creating the layout using Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment