Sunday 30 September 2012

My Doodles Relating to the Project



 




 Leading up to designing my creature's appearance, I thought it best to develop ideas through the use of doodling. I have always doodled when developing a character and it's narrative.

 At first I hadn't chosen my desired creature, so I came up with various ideas for what it could be. When it comes to doodling, I find myself coming up with the strangest assortment of characters. They can be based on something I've seen, or they can be completely random. I also drew a handful of the creatures from the mythological book as to how I would perceive them, because I didn't want to lead away from the project's requirements. 
 I experimented with colour using either pencil crayon, pastel or watercolour. I used the watercolours pretty simplistically and even let them run with the ink outlines. They proved to be very effective in comparison with just the black and white ones.

 My development lead up to me picking the T'ao T'ieh, which is similar to the Greek Mythological creature Cerberus (the dog with three heads) except it is a dog's head attached to two bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment