Friday 28 September 2012

My 3D Creature!




   
 I have now made the shape and structure for the dog. The dog has one head and two bodies, so two pairs of legs were required. I decided to put the arms and torsos back-to-back to make the process a lot more practical. It adds to the creature's frustration in not being able to have just one body, as though the bodies are trying to come apart.

 I first made the shape using the pen tool in Illustrator. I printed it as a prototype and cut it onto a cereal box. I made small slots so each shape could fit into one another. It stood up at first, but gradually began to droop due to the feet being unattached to the legs.
 After seeing that result, I imported it from Illustrator to Photoshop to discard any unnecessary lines. I even made the middle section less wide. I attached the feet to the legs this time to apply stability. I printed it out again and put the shapes onto plywood by using graphite and a pencil.
 With lots of effort, I cut the shapes out of the wood using a cutting knife. I made the slots again in all the same length and placed it together. It worked successfully in the fact it stood and that it looked very dramatic. I will now come up with a design to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment